We’re all going through a lot of change right now. Some of it might be difficult and others might be good. But one thing is clear: COVID-19 has completely disrupted our lives in many ways. While we can’t do a lot of things, we can still take care of our oral and overall health. Now is the time to make sure you continue to keep your teeth in tip-top shape. Here’s how.
Keep your teeth healthy
A lot of us are working from home, which has led to a shift in our routines. If you never leave the house, what good is your routine? It actually is more important than ever to maintain your routine as if you were leaving the house to go into the office. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after any personal dental care.
- Brush at least twice a day and make sure you get those hard-to-reach spots!
- Floss daily to remove bacteria and plaque in places your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Eat a well-balanced diet by limiting sticky, sugary snacks like cake and cookies.
- Limit the frequency of snacking and sugary drinks because it increases your risk of cavities.
- Drink plenty of water with meals and between meals.
- Avoid smoking because it limits blood flow to your mouth, making it easier for bacteria to grow.
If you have any questions about your dental care, reach out to our office. We are happy to advise you on the best routines to follow!