What are Reasons to get Dental Implants?
- To replace one or more missing teeth, and have a natural-looking “tooth” take its place, without causing harm to the surrounding teeth.
- Help restore proper function of the mouth, from chewing to speech. In turn, the quality of life for the patient is increased.
- Missing teeth may lead to your bite feeling “off” leading to jaw joint issues. Replacement with an implant may prevent any future issues with the jaw joint.
- Great alternative to removable prosthetics, such as dentures and partials.
- Helps prevent movement of teeth into the gap that has been created by the missing tooth.
Full Arch Replacement
This is a wonderful choice for patients who are missing all teeth on either of their arches. This course of treatment may be followed by a hybrid denture, or an “All-on-4” denture. Both options function as a denture, however, are “fixed” to the implants like a bridge.
Multiple Tooth Replacement
For patients who are missing several teeth, implants are a great way to have a permanent solution that is treated and used as a normal tooth. In these cases, a fixed bridge will attach to the implant.
Single Tooth Replacement
This is a great alternative to having bridges placed and where adjacent teeth are being destroyed. Single tooth implants have individual porcelain crowns placed on them so the tooth becomes like a natural tooth for that patient in terms of cleaning and day-to-day functioning.