Dr. Neil Zachs DMD, MS
Dr. Zachs is a Periodontal and Implant Specialist and is very excited to be working with the great team at Pinnacle Peak Family Dentistry. Growing up in New England, he attended the University of Connecticut, School of Dental Medicine where he graduated in 1992 with a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) degree. He then went on to a three year Periodontal Specialty Residency at the University of Nebraska. While there, in conjunction with the University of Texas at San Antonio, he also completed his Master of Science (MS) degree in Maxillofacial Radiology. He was the first at the time to complete a three year longitudinal study looking at the Association Between Estrogen and Alveolar Bone Density Changes in Postmenopausal Women. His study was published in the Journal of Periodontics.
After his residency, he went on to a 21 year private practice career in South New Jersey growing his office to the largest dental surgical specialty practice in his three county area. In private practice, he performed all types of hard and soft tissue grafting techniques along with traditional periodontal procedures aimed at saving teeth. He has placed over 10,000 implants in his career and is proud to have used CT technology (3D Imaging) for enhanced diagnosis, treatment planning and guided surgery during the majority of his practice career. He is also one of only a few specialists in this area that is certified in the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique, which is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for correcting gum recession.
During his private practice career, Dr. Zachs was also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine at The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. While there, he taught senior dental students clinical periodontics, along with lecturing during didactic sessions.
Last year, Dr. Zachs had the opportunity to sell his East Coast practice and decided to move out to Arizona, a place he and his wife have loved for many years. He was lucky enough to have met Dr. Vizcarra and the rest is history. He lives in North Scottsdale with his amazing wife, Lisa. In his spare time he loves hiking, playing golf and enjoying all Arizona has to offer.
- DMD – Doctor of Dental Surgery
- MS – Master of Science
- Central Regional Board Certification
- Northeast Regional Board Certification
- Fellow in the international Congress of Oral IMplantologists
- Chief Resident in Periodontics, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Quintessence Award for Clinical Achievement in Restorative Dentistry
- Clinical Professor, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Department of Periodontology
- Academic Instructor, Universioty of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Dental Medicine. Instructor for Senior Periodontics Seminar.
- Clinical Instructor, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Dental Medicine. Undergraduate Periodontics Program