Dental implants are an excellent way to replace a tooth, or multiple teeth, that are missing. Implants are a permanent alternative to dentures and bridges. Depending on the patients
When deciding to move forward with dental implants, our dentists are able to educate and discuss options with our patients, and what the best route for them would be. There are many options for patients when it comes to single, or multiple tooth replacement.
What are Reasons to get Dental Implants?
- To replace one or more missing teeth, and have a natural-looking “tooth” take its place, without causing harm to the surrounding teeth
- Help restore proper function of the mouth, from chewing to speech. In turn, the quality of life for the patient is increased.
- Missing teeth may lead to your bite feeling “off” leading to jaw joint issues. Replacement with an implant may prevent any future issues with the jaw joint.
- Great alternative to removable prosthetics, such as dentures and partials.
- Helps prevent movement of teeth into the gap that has been created by the missing tooth.
Full Arch Replacement
Full arch replacement is a wonderful choice for patients who are missing all teeth on either of their arches. This course of treatment is followed may be followed by a hybrid denture, or an “All-on-4” denture. Both function as a denture, however, are “fixed” to the implants like a bridge.
Multiple Tooth Replacement
For patients who are missing several teeth, implants are a great way to have a permanent solution that is able to be treated and used as a normal tooth. In these cases, a fixed bridge will attach to the implant.
Single Tooth Replacement
Single tooth replacement for patients is a great alternative to having bridges placed, where adjacent teeth are being destroyed. Single tooth implants have individual porcelain crowns placed on them so the tooth becomes like a natural tooth for that patient in terms of cleaning, and day-to-day functioning.